whirl wind

Today I could have died.

That really put my whole day in perspective.  I had a million things to do today.  Not one included getting hit.  I had a million things running through my mind.  Not one was that it could my last day alive.  Today I got a big reality check, I literally had a life shaking moment.  My Life was taken completely out of my control.

My morning started busy, normally it does.  My sisters getting ready the kitchen is always loud with people cooking and cleaning.  This morning though we weren't even leaving in a hurry.  On the way to school we talked about the excitement of the break.  My little sisters were in the back singing to songs with me and my Dad.  We sat a stop light on the hill.  I heard my dad scream my name.  I have never heard him yell it so loud.  My life was literally shaken, I felt hit harder then ever before, I went forward and my hands hit the windshield, I went backward my neck snapped back.  My Dad's coffee spilled everywhere his phone flew to my lap.  The funny thing thinking about it is... I don't think anyone screamed the crash was so loud and what followed was the shattering of the window.  The whole back window shadowed from the force.

From there my day has been a blur full of thoughts and questions.

so yeah.  my day was interesting.

Comments

  1. Having experienced such a traumatic event moments before, you certainly didn't seem like ANYTHING was wrong when you came to class. You are one cool cucumber - or maybe you were still somewhat shellshocked. In any case I am SO glad you and your dad and your sisters are okay. I am also glad you all went to the doctor, since it is important to get looked at after a car accident. I can only imagine that the prayers at Thanksgiving dinner were even more heartfelt than usual. You Hollins are all amazing, and I thank God that you all walked away. Please use the break to rest up, and I will see you next week. Peace!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Power Point

Rome pt.5